WD hard disk drive is a non-volatile portable drive used to store digital information and data on rapidly rotating platters with magnetic surfaces. Usually, they can be used to store backup data from the system or transfer data to other storage devices. However, each time when you attempt to open WD portable hard disk drive connected to the system throws unexpected error message "The drive or disk is not formatted would you format now?" And without thinking anything you might have horribly clicked "Yes" option. As a result of this, you may lose entire data stored on WD portable HDD within few minutes. Now, it there any absolute solution to securely restore entire lost data from WD portable HDD? Fortunately, yes Western Digital Recover tool provides you the best solution to recover data from a portable hard drive. It can quite easily retrieve data from a WD portable HDD within a few mouse clicks.
More often, you may be troubled when losing entire data stored on WD portable HDD due to accidental format or delete WD portable HDD partition and lose precious data. Far more than that, even because of severe virus attack, sudden power failure or partition corruption, format the partition or delete a partition and then create a new partition while reinstalling the operating system, etc. can be the reasons behind the data loss disaster from the Western Digital portable hard disk drive. So, in order to overcome these dreadful situations, one should preferably make use of WD Portable HDD Recovery software. Moreover, this tool can be used for retrieving data from a bad Western Digital hard drive, recovering data from a dead WD hard drive, etc. without any difficulty.
What can be the reasons for the loss of data from a WD portable HDD?
- Accidental Formatting: Sometimes, you may end up accidentally format WD portable HDD connected to your machine without taking a proper data backup. As a result of this, you may lose entire data stored on WD portable HDD.
- Unintentional Deletion: There can be instances while removing unwanted data you may end up deleting some of the crucial information stored on WD portable HDD. As an outcome of this, you may lose entire data stored on the WD portable HDD.
- WD Portable HDD Corruption: At certain instances, WD portable hdd get corrupted due to virus or malware attacks. As a result of this, entire WD portable HDD file system gets corrupt making entire data inaccessible.
- Sudden Power Surge: Most of the times, due to sudden or abrupt power failure can be the reasons behind the existence of the bad sectors on WD portable HDD. Due to this, data saved in the WD portable hard drive, where bad sectors are formed may become inaccessible.
- Using Third-Party Tool: Whenever you make use of the unreliable third-party tool can be the cause behind data loss from a WD portable HDD.
Henceforth, to avoid these data loss issues, one should regularly take proper data backup from WD portable HDD to other storage devices. More importantly, soon after losing data from WD portable HDD one should immediately stop using it to avoid overwriting the new data on the lost data. Immediately make use of the WD External Hard Drive Recovery software and get back all the files in a few couple of clicks. This software has the potential of recovering different types of files including pictures, audio, video, documents, etc based on their unique signatures. It is capable enough to restore files from WD portable HDD crashed or failed due to format errors. Such crashed WD hard drive sometimes, may fail to mount on the operating system at the time of booting process. As a result, you can't access your WD hard drive, which results in a severe data loss. In this terrible situation, you can restore data from an unmounting WD hard drive with the service of this software.
Apart from WD portable HDD, this software can restore data from other portable hard disk drive manufacturers like Seagate, Maxtor, Kingston, Samsung, LaCie, Iomega, Hitachi, HP and many others. This software can retrieve data from WD portable HDD formatted with FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, exFAT, HFS+ and HFS file systems. It allows you to preview the recovered data from a WD portable HDD before restoring them back to the destination location. You can take the benefit of this tool to recover data from USB flash drive as well as from other storage devices like Thumb drive, FireWire drive, pen drive, etc. This software has the ability to retrieve data from WD portable HDD compatible on latest versions of Windows OS 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, etc and Mac OS X Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra etc.
Things to Remember:
- Regularly backup data from WD portable HDD to your system or other storage devices.
- Never perform WD portable HDD data transfer process on shared networks to avoid data loss
- Make use of genuine antivirus software to prevent severe virus or malware attacks on WD portable HDD
Few easy steps for recovering data from a WD portable HDD:
Step 1: Launch this software after downloading and installing on your system. Then connect your WD portable hard drive to your system and then click on "Recover Drives" option.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: In the second step, you will get a list of the logical drives. Here, you select your WD portable hard drive and click on the "Next" option to start the scanning process.
Figure 2: Select WD Portable HDD
Step 3: Once scanning is completed, this software allows you to view all the recovered files using the Preview option as shown in the figure below
Figure 3: Restored Data