- Excellent Tool to recover deleted, lost, corrupted, and formatted files from Western Digital external hard drive
- Comes in Windows & Mac editions separately that is compatible with the latest Windows 10, macOS High Sierra, and their previous versions too
- Recovers all your data files from WD hard drive by creating a disk image, so that all files are recovered with the same name, and same file extension
- Available for free download that recovers all your files from WD hard drive and offers a free preview of all the recovered files even before activating the complete version of the software
“I should have taken backup of my important data from WD hard drive”- this is the usual question which every user says when the hard disk gets broken or corrupt. You can stop regretting about data loss as there is a
simple way by which you can solve
your problem. Make use of renowned utility by name Western Digital Recovery software which has the capability of recovering every single file which was lost
from your WD hard drive.
So what are
you waiting for, just tap on the download button to experience the most
For Windows tap at this button:
For Mac tap at this button:
If you come across a situation where you have lost or accidentally deleted the important files from your Western Digital external hard disk drive? Then as here is a WD external hard drive data recovery software named as the Western Digital Recovery tool, that can recover more than 300 types of files within a few easy clicks.
Few common facts that are accountable for the loss or deletion of files from the Western Digital external hard drive are as follows:
- Intentionally or unintentionally formatting the Western Digital external hard drive erases the complete set of files and folders from the hard disk. If no backup of the files is maintained, then a severe data loss is guaranteed.
- A sudden shut down of the system due to power loss and abrupt removal of the WD external hard drive from the system, when the files are being used or transferred can cause loss of files from the external Western Digital hard disk drive.
- Harmful virus and malware infections are other common cause for the loss of data from an external Western Digital hard drive. If your WD hard drive is severely infected by virus and malware, then it may result in the corruption of the hard drive and the files saved in it may become unreachable for you.
- Accidental or unintentional deletion of files from the external Western Digital hard drive will cause a permanent deletion of data. At times, when you are previewing your data or deleting useless files from the WD hard drive, you may accidentally or unintentionally delete important files along with unwanted files. As these deleted files won't get moved to recycle bin and they get deleted permanently from your WD hard drive.
- Apart from these facts, there are plenty of reasons behind the loss or deletion of data from an external Western Digital hard drive and they could be formation of excessive bad sectors, file system corruption, error while converting the file system, ejecting the external hard drive from the system in insecure or non-safety mode, etc.
One can easily overcome from these data loss scenarios if a legitimate backup of all your essential files and folders from WD external hard drive is been maintained. In case, if you failed to maintain your data backup and come across any of these data loss scenarios, then Western Digital Recovery tool is one right solution to recover files from Western Digital external HDD in a few simple clicks. The software also helps to recover the erased partition from
different Western Digital hard drives such as WD My Passport Slim, WD Caviar Green, WD Passport, WD Red, WD Blue, WD Purple drives and many more.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you come across loss or deletion of files from Western Digital hard drive, and want to restore the files back, then immediately stop using the drive to avoid overwriting of the files. If the lost or deleted files on the WD hard drive are overwritten with new files, then it's not possible to regain those files back. So, to increase the chance of files recovery from WD hard drive, better stop further usage of the hard drive.
Free WD Hard Drive Data Recovery Software to Recover Deleted & Lost Files
WD external hard drive data recovery software i.e., Western Digital Recovery tool recovers all the lost, deleted, formatted or inaccessible files in almost all data loss scenarios. It supports data recovery from WD external hard drive on both Windows and Mac based machines. Once, it recovers all your data, you are allowed to preview all recovered files in the demo version itself. This tool has the ability to retrieve files from the external Western Digital hard disk that is formatted with FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, HFS or HFSX file system. Besides, lost or deleted files recovery, it has the potential to recover data from an unmountable Western Digital hard drive that is severely corrupted after virus attacks, bad sectors, improper usage or file system corruption.
Steps to Recover Data from Western Digital External Hard Drive
Step 1: Launch the Western Digital Recovery software after
downloading it on your computer. Connect your WD hard drive and Select "Recover
Drives" option to recover data from the WD hard drive.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Select the WD external hard drive from which you need to
recover your data and then click on "Next"
to start the recovery process.
Figure 2: Select WD Hard Drive
Step 3: At last after scanning is completed, restored data
can be viewed in Data View/File Type View.
Figure 3: Restored Data