If you come across a situation where you have lost or accidentally deleted the important files from your Western Digital external hard disk drive? Then as here is a WD external hard drive data recovery software named as the Western Digital Recovery tool, that can recover more than 300 types of files within a few easy clicks.
Few common facts that are accountable for the loss & deletion of files from Western Digital external hard drive:
- Intentionally or unintentionally formatting the Western Digital external hard drive erases the complete set of files and folders from the hard disk. If no backup of the files is maintained, then a severe data loss is guaranteed.
- A sudden shut down of the system due to power loss and abrupt removal of the WD external hard drive from the system, when the files are being used or transferred can cause loss of files from the external Western Digital hard disk drive.
- Harmful virus and malware infections are other common cause for the loss of data from an external Western Digital hard drive. If your WD hard drive is severely infected by virus and malware, then it may result in the corruption of the hard drive and the files saved in it may become unreachable for you.
- Accidental or unintentional deletion of files from the external Western Digital hard drive will cause a permanent deletion of data. At times, when you are previewing your data or deleting useless files from the WD hard drive, you may accidentally or unintentionally delete important files along with unwanted files. As these deleted files won't get moved to recycle bin and they get deleted permanently from your WD hard drive.
- Apart from these facts, there are plenty of reasons behind the loss or deletion of data from an external Western Digital hard drive and they could be formation of excessive bad sectors, file system corruption, error while converting the file system, ejecting the external hard drive from the system in insecure or non-safety mode, etc.
One can easily overcome from these data loss scenarios if a legitimate backup of all your essential files and folders from WD external hard drive is been maintained. In case, if you failed to maintain your data backup and come across any of these data loss scenarios, then Western Digital Recovery tool is one right solution to recover files from Western Digital external HDD in a few simple clicks. The software also helps to recover the erased partition from
different Western Digital hard drives such as WD My Passport Slim, WD Caviar Green, WD Passport, WD Red, WD Blue, WD Purple drives and many more.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you come across loss or deletion of files from Western Digital hard drive, and want to restore the files back, then immediately stop using the drive to avoid overwriting of the files. If the lost or deleted files on the WD hard drive are overwritten with new files, then it's not possible to regain those files back. So, to increase the chance of files recovery from WD hard drive, better stop further usage of the hard drive.
Free WD Hard Drive Data Recovery Software to Recover Deleted & Lost Files
WD external hard drive data recovery software i.e., Western Digital Recovery tool recovers all the lost, deleted, formatted or inaccessible files in almost all data loss scenarios. It supports data recovery from WD external hard drive on both Windows and Mac based machines. Once, it recovers all your data, you are allowed to preview all recovered files in the demo version itself. This tool has the ability to retrieve files from the external Western Digital hard disk that is formatted with FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, HFS or HFSX file system. Besides, lost or deleted files recovery, it has the potential to recover data from an unmountable Western Digital hard drive that is severely corrupted after virus attacks, bad sectors, improper usage or file system corruption.
Steps to Recover Data from Western Digital External Hard Drive
Step 1: Download and install this software on your system
and then launch the tool to open its main screen as shown in below figure. From the Min Screen select, Recover Partitions option. Then, a list of all the available disk drives in the system are displayed. Now, select the WD Hard disk and hit Scan button to initiate the scannin process
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Now, the software scans the entire Western Digital Hard Disk to find all it's partitions. Once scanning is completed, a list of found partitions are displayed. Now, choose the partition from where files has to be recovered and click Scan button to begin the recovery process
Figure 2: Select Required WD Hard Drive Partition
Step 3: Upon the completion of scanning process, a list of recovered files are displayed. You can view the recovered files in Data View, and File Type View.
Figure 3: List of Rescued Files
Step 4: Lastly, preview the recovered files and save them in any desirable location
Figure 4: Save Recovered Files