Are you unable to open your Adobe Photoshop file on your system? Then, it is a clear indication of a Photoshop file corruption. There are a plenty of reasons behind damage or corruption of PSD file. Few important ones are listed below.
- PSD file can get damaged if your system shutdowns abruptly due to sudden power surge, while you are processing an image file on the Adobe Photoshop.
- While converting the PSD file to some other format in order to share it, its image layers may get flattened. If the layers get damaged, then the PSD file becomes unreadable.
- Improper termination of Adobe Photoshop application, while processing image file can cause damage to the image file. Suppose you click on a cross mark on the top end of the right-hand side, instead of clicking on “File” and “Exit”, then it may result in the corruption of the file.
- Some of the other reasons that are responsible for the damage of PSD file are the presence of bad sectors, software conflicts, editing PSD image file using the different versions of Adobe Photoshop application, virus/malware infection, etc.
Is there any possibility to repair damaged PSD file?
Yes, it is possible to repair damaged PSD file after any severe corruption, by using reliable repair tool like PSD Repair Software. You can avoid these corruption scenarios by maintaining a legitimate backup of the PSD files at regular intervals of time. However, you need not worry, if you have failed to backup your PSD files and come across any of these PSD file damage scenarios. Because this software is capable of repairing damaged or corrupt Photoshop files in almost all scenarios. This tool is designed with advanced repairing algorithms, which help in fixing damaged PSD files on both Mac and Windows running machines. Its simple and user-friendly interface helps you in finding a solution to a question like how to repair damaged Photoshop file and even PDD file with utmost ease. It can repair different versions of PSD files like CS, CS1, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5, and CS6 image files that are created using different versions of Adobe Photoshop application. Furthermore, computer users can make use of this tool to recover data from a Western Digital external hard disk on both Mac and Windows computers with utmost ease.
Salient features of the PSD Repair Tool:
PSD Repair tool supports corrupt or damaged PSD file repair on various versions of Windows and Mac OS X like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Windows 2000, Vista, Mountain Lion, Yosemite, Snow Leopard, Mavericks, El Capitan, Sierra etc. One can check wheather this software has enough ability to repair damaged PSD file up to your satisfaction level or not by downloading and executing its free demo version.
- Demo version of the tool takes a copy of the damaged PSD file and repairs it within a few couple of clicks without altering the color modes, alpha channels, and other properties of the original PSD file.
- Once it completes the repair process, it enables you to preview the repaired PSD file. By previewing the repaired PSD file, you can come to the conclusion that this software is up to your mark or not.
- If you are satisfied with the result then activate the full edition of the software and repair PSD file at your fingertips.
- By using this tool, you can even fix corrupt or damaged PSD file that is stored on different storage devices like pen drive, external hard drive, etc.
- Moreover, one can take advantage of one of the other version of this utility to retrieve files from a formatted WD hard drive as well as from the corrupted drive in an easy way.
Simple steps to repair damaged PSD file:
Step 1: In order to fix PSD file, download and install the app. Now select the PSD file using the browse option and then click on "Repair" option.
Figure 1: Select Damaged PSD File
Step 2: Now wait till the scanning process completes.
Figure 2: Repairing Process
Step 3: On completion of the scanning process the software provides a "Preview" option. Click that repaired PSD file and preview it.
Figure 3: Preview Repaired PSD Files