"Hello, I have purchased WD 1 TB external hard disk drive. I used it for 2 years and all of sudden it got the problem that it couldn’t be detected by my laptop. I could hear some strange noise like the hard drive is running. I don’t want to lose my vital data as it contains my study material. How could I overcome with such an issue? Do anyone know the solution if WD elements 1TB not detected Windows 10."
If you are facing above-mentioned problem with your Western Digital hard drive on Windows 10, then don’t get panic just download Western Digital Recovery Software for free to recover data if WD elements 1TB not detected Windows 10 with ease.
For Windows tap at this button: Download Now
For Mac tap at this button: Download Now
Try this manual solution to fix WD Elements external hard drive that is not detected in Windows 10
- Type CMD in the search box and right click "Command Prompt". Select “Open as admin”.
- Type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1” and press enter button and type "start devmgmt.msc"
- “Device Manager" will get open and in device manager click on "View" option.
- Select "Show hidden devices" and expand "Disk Drive" nodes and "Universal serial bus controller" by clicking “+” symbol.
If you find any unusual entries, then right click on it and select Uninstall. Now, restart the system and connect your WD 1TB external hard disk drive. Once you done with above-mentioned steps then your undetected WD 1TB external hard disk drive will show in your system. Now, you can try to open WD 1TB external hard disk drive and access the data from it. If you still can’t access the data from WD 1TB external hard disk drive, then don’t get panic as you can opt Western Digital Recovery Software to recover data from WD 1TB external hard disk drive not detected Windows 10 within a few mouse clicks.
Factors behind the corruption of WD Elements 1T Hard Drive That Inturn Lead to undetection of the Drive on Windows 10
- Improper way of partitioning WD 1TB external hard drive
- Corrupt WD 1TB external hard drive
- Bad sectors
- RAW external hard drives
- Corrupt file system
- Virus infection
Free Western Digital Recovery Tool to Recover Data from Undetected WD Elements 1TB Hard Drive in Windows 10
All above-mentioned reasons will make WD 1 TB external hard drive undetected in Windows 10 and leads to data loss from WD 1 TB external hard drive. However, don’t get worried as you can perform the undetected WD 1TB external hard drive recovery with the help of Western Digital Recovery Software.
Features of the Western Digital Recovery Software:
- This program is capable to recover data from undetected WD 1 TB external hard drive on Windows 10 within a few mouse clicks.
- It recovers data from FAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS, exFAT, etc. file system on the hard drive with a greater ease.
- Revives data if WD elements 1TB not detected Windows 10 without affecting the original data.
- Allows recovering data from Western Digital external drive after format error.
- With the help of “Preview” option, you can view the retrieved data before saving to the desired location.
- This software can also restore data from various brands of external hard disk drive such as Seagate, SanDisk, Iomega, Kingston, Samsung, Buffalo, Transcend, LaCie etc.
How to recover data from WD Elements 1TB Hard Drive That is Not Detected in Windows 10?
Step 1: Download and install this software on your system and then launch the tool to open its main screen as shown in below figure. From the Min Screen select, Recobver Partitions option. Then, a list of all the available disk drives in the system are displayed. Now, select the WD elements drive from where files has to be recovered and hit Scan button to initiate the scanning process
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Now, the software scans the entire Western Digital Elements Hard Disk to find all it's partitions. Once scanning is completed, a list of found partitions are displayed. Now, choose the partition from where files has to be recovered and click Scan button to begin the recovery process
Figure 2: Select Appropriate WD Partition
Step 3: Upon the completion of scanning process, a list of recovered files are displayed. You can view the recovered files in Data View, and File Type View.
Figure 3: List of Rescued Files
Step 4: Lastly, preview the recovered files and save them in any desirable location
Figure 4: Save Recovered Files