"Hello, I have purchased WD 1 TB external hard disk drive. I used it for 2 years and all of sudden it got the problem that it couldn’t be detected by my laptop. I could hear some strange noise like the hard drive is running. I don’t want to lose my vital data as it contains my study material. How could I overcome with such an issue? Do anyone know the solution if WD elements 1TB not detected Windows 10."
If you are facing above-mentioned situations, then don’t get panic just follow below mentioned steps to recover data if WD elements 1TB not detected Windows 10 with ease.
For Windows tap at this button: Download Now
For Mac tap at this button: Download Now
Try this manual solution to fix WD Elements external hard drive that is not detected in Windows 10
- Type CMD in the search box and right click "Command Prompt". Select “Open as admin”.
- Type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1” and press enter button and type "start devmgmt.msc"
- “Device Manager" will get open and in device manager click on "View" option.
- Select "Show hidden devices" and expand "Disk Drive" nodes and "Universal serial bus controller" by clicking “+” symbol.
If you find any unusual entries, then right click on it and select Uninstall. Now, restart the system and connect your WD 1TB external hard disk drive. Once you done with above-mentioned steps then your undetected WD 1TB external hard disk drive will show in your system. Now, you can try to open WD 1TB external hard disk drive and access the data from it. If you still can’t access the data from WD 1TB external hard disk drive, then don’t get panic as you can opt Western Digital Recovery Software to recover data from WD 1TB external hard disk drive not detected Windows 10 within a few mouse clicks. For more details, you can visit this link: http://westerndigitalrecovery.net
Factors behind the corruption and undetection of WD Elements 1TB External Hard Drive on Windows 10
- Improper way of partitioning WD 1TB external hard drive
- Corrupt WD 1TB external hard drive
- Bad sectors
- RAW external hard drives
- Corrupt file system
- Virus infection
Free Western Digital Recovery Tool to Recover Data from Undetected WD Elements 1TB Hard Drive in Windows 10
All above-mentioned reasons will make WD 1 TB external hard drive undetected in Windows 10 and leads to data loss from WD 1 TB external hard drive. However, don’t get worried as you can perform the undetected WD 1TB external hard drive recovery with the help of Western Digital Recovery Software.
Features of the Western Digital Recovery Software:
- This program is capable to recover data from undetected WD 1 TB external hard drive on Windows 10 within a few mouse clicks.
- It recovers data from FAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS, exFAT, etc. file system on the hard drive with a greater ease.
- Revives data if WD elements 1TB not detected Windows 10 without affecting the original data.
- Allows recovering data from Western Digital external drive after format error.
- With the help of “Preview” option, you can view the retrieved data before saving to the desired location.
- This software can also restore data from various brands of external hard disk drive such as Seagate, SanDisk, Iomega, Kingston, Samsung, Buffalo, Transcend, LaCie etc.
How to recover data from WD Elements 1TB Hard Drive That is Not Detected in Windows 10?
Step 1: Launch the Western Digital Recovery Software after downloading it on your system. Connect your WD 1TB hard drive and Select "Recover Drives" option to recover data from WD elements 1tb not detected Windows 10.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Select WD 1TB external hard drive from which you need to recover your data and then click on the "Next" to start the data recovery process.
Figure 2: Select WD 1TB Hard Drive
Step 3: Once the scanning process is over, recovered data can be viewed in Data View/File Type View.
Figure 3: Restored Data